Bugtraq mailing list archives

Fwd: Information on MS99-022

From: vanja () SIAMRELAY COM (Vanja Hrustic)
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 03:49:54 +0700

I haven't seen this on the Bugtraq, but it's very interesting...

--
Wanted to advise that we are making information available regarding the
technical details involved in the "Double Byte Code Page" vulnerability

Cheers,

Secure () microsoft com

--

So, if I have my custom-developed IDS running, I won't be able to implement
a pattern for this, because I am not a member of 'Intrusion Detection

Note the words...

"This will allow security vendors to have access to the information..." -
why only security vendors? What better they are than Bugtraq folks?

"Security through obscurity" comes to mind...

Vanja