Bugtraq mailing list archives

Solaris (2.)7 patch list

From: dfrasnel () CSEE WVU EDU (Daniel J. Frasnelli)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 13:21:48 -0500

        As I examine my inbox, I find no less than six new messages
telling me about the patches available for Solaris 7 with regards to a
relying on patchdiag to analyze our machines, but that appears to have
been misplaced trust.  Mea culpa.  Truth is, I took a peek at Sunsolve's
web site after sending the ff.core message and discovered the patches
which everyone continues to tell me about.
        For the benefit of other people on the list using patchdiag and in
hopes of stemming the flow of flame/helpful e-mail to my account, I
present the patch list.  Yes, someone already posted a similar list.. here
it is again for people who don't read messages closely.

New Patches Released Since Last Report:
---------------------------------------

106541-01   SunOS 5.7: kernel update patch
107038-01   SunOS 5.7: apropos/catman/man/whatis patch
107074-01   SunOS 5.7: SUNWultratest doesn''t support sun4us platform
106843-01   OpenWindows 3.6.1 (japanese): fixed OW ws menu bug
107078-01   OpenWindows 3.6.1: Xsun Patch
107001-01   CDE 1.3: Actions patch
107002-01   CDE 1.3_x86: Actions patch

Solaris 7 Recommended Patches:

106793-01   SunOS 5.7: ufsdump and ufsrestore patch
106960-01   SunOS 5.7: Manual Pages for patchadd.1m and patchrm.1m

Solaris 7 Patches Containing Security Fixes:

106793-01   SunOS 5.7: ufsdump and ufsrestore patch
107038-01 * SunOS 5.7: apropos/catman/man/whatis patch

---