Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: open socket in java

From: admin () DEVIANCE ORG (Hale)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 08:18:39 -0500

Wether or not that could cause any problems is realted to the level of
security that is imposed on java applets. Say you open a listening port
on 139 or 23. If that sockets lays over the existing one, it could
possible take traffic from it, and relay it to a remote host. You can do
this with netcat, so I would think java applets would be subject to the
same security..

Pavel