Bugtraq mailing list archives

Patch for InterScan VirusWall for Unix now available

From: Bob_Li () TRENDMICRO COM (Bob Li)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 12:28:46 -0800

We have been recently notified about a potential security hole in our
InterScan Web VirusWall for Solaris product via the "BlackHats Security
Advisory".  The potential problem described relates to being able to
download binaries and virus infected files by using HTTP proxy "keep-alive"
connections.

We have looked into the description of the problem and have identified that
there was a
problem with the software.  As a result, we are issuing a patch which can be
obtained from Trend Micro at http:://www.antivirus.com to resolve the
problem.

This issue applies to InterScan for Solaris and HP-UX.  The Windows NT
version of InterScan does not have this problem.

Bob Li
Product Manager
Trend Micro, Inc.
E-Mail: bob_li () trendmicro com