Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: ICQ99 crash

From: flamingdog () YAHOO COM (loser)
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 14:29:25 -0800

This seems to have stirred up a little controversy...I feel I owe an
explanation. After I received some feedback about the bug, I did
indeed report it to Mirabilis. This was a week ago and they have yet
to respond. I was wrong by posting it to Bugtraq first. In the future,
Ill notify the authors first and THEN if they dont respond, it goes to
bugtraq.

Now, I would like to stress that the ICQ Web Server has to be running,
not just any webserver. I think I left out some vital stats in my
first message. I am using ICQ99a build #1700 on Windows95 4b.

Thanks,
loser