Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Another Windows98 Bug...

From: njl98r () ECS SOTON AC UK (Nick Lamb)
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 03:13:18 +0000

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Jensen Allan AJE wrote:

It seems to be an Explorer-only bug, as no other application I've tried went
down.

Every application that uses the Win95-style common file dialog will crash
if you try to right-click on the over-length filename.

In addition, I tried the following apps and as well as confirming the
right-click problem I attempted to open the file...

Word 7.0 seemed to ignore my attempt to open the file
PowerPoint 7.0 seemed to ignore my attempt to open the file
Excel 7.0 crashed with a standard crash dialog
Paint Shop Pro 4.12 exited immediately without any messages
Photoshop 4.0 politely said "File Not Found"

The lab test machine claims to be NT 4.00.1381, which may or may not be
important for this bug nest.

Nick.