Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Solaris 2.x chkperm/arp vulnerabilities

From: ruefenac () DIGSIGTRUST COM (Craig Ruefenacht)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 12:07:02 -0700

Hi,

I verified that this bug exists in Solaris 2.7 with the latest security
and recommended patches too.

Arp bug Verified for my Solaris 5.6 and 5.5.1 Installs.

$ uname -a
SunOS pangea 5.5.1 Generic_103640-26 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10

# uname -a
SunOS vapid 5.6 Generic_105181-05 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
#

$ ls -l /etc/bin
-rw-rw----   1 bin      bin           23 Dec  1 13:54 /etc/bin

On both machines I could read bin:bin owned files as a regular joe user with arp

--
Craig Ruefenacht                             Systems Engineer
ruefenac () digsigtrust com              Digital Signature Trust

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/x-pkcs7-signature attachment: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
</UL>