Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Groupewise Web Interface

From: roy.karlsbakk () A-TEAM NO (Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 23:04:29 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Mclean
To: BUGTRAQ () SECURITYFOCUS COM
Sent: 22.12.99 22:01
Subject: Re: Groupewise Web Interface

I just tested it on our server and when i did the "GWWEB.EXE?<very long
string here>" The server console claimed it had a critical error. It
seemed
to work fine, but the server remained in status 1(with <1> by the server
prompt).

The <1> means the system has been through <1> ABEND (Abnormal End). This is
generally a state that will require a reboot. A server saying <n> in the
command prompt (n can be any positive number indicating number of ABENDs),
is to be considered unstable.

I didn't notice any problems with system or groupwise, even the
web access still worked after the error. This dose seem like something
that dose need to be fixed, but not as critical as something that
actually causes a server to abend.

The <n> means a module has abended. Check SYS:System\Abend.log to find what
module really messed up.

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy () karlsbakk net>
MCSE, MCNE, CLS, ASE