Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: SCO Openserver 5.0.5 syn-floodable

From: dave () FAST NET (Dave Van Allen)
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 23:51:39 -0400

Eric,

I've forwarded your message on to a few 'friend' addresses at SCO, just to
try to help. I would suggest giving your re-seller or SCO support another
ping on this before you give up.

I can tell you with thorough knowledge, that SCO is extremely committed to
safe-UNIX and reacts to reports of bugs and deficiencies when they are
processed through the correct channels... which at times is not the most
convenient way for folks like us.  I have recently suggested to them to pay
closer attention to sources like bugtraq and I was pleased to know that they
are here, and watching carefully.  They aren't however responding to the
list; I suggested that would be a Good Idea.

I don't work for SCO, and this message contains my opinions only. Since I
don't see a balance here in bugtraq when reports are presented concerning
SCO, from SCO, I am simply stepping in to say they "hear", respect, and
respond to reports from this list.

Best regards,

David Van Allen - FASTNET(tm) / You Tools Corporation
dave () fast net (888)321-FAST(3278) http://www.fast.net
FASTNET - Business and Personal Internet Solutions