Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: JavaScript and Netscape 4.5

From: zacharia () EE UALBERTA CA (Shaju Zachariah)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 16:25:13 -0700

Yeah, hearing that this is a problem under BSD and Linux, I thought I
would check my systems.  This Javascript not disabling problem is aparent
in SunOs 5.5.1 and HPUX 10.20 also.

I also have indications that under BSD/OS 4.0, Communicator 4.5 does
not disable Javascript, no matter what the setting. Can anyone
confirm that on other platforms? (Not surprisingly, I immediately
deleted 4.5...)

While I was testing Netscape 4.5PR1 on both Linux and Windows 95, I
found an odd behaviour.

If you disable the JavaScript and restart the browser, the "Enable
JavaScript" check-box is disabled. However, JavaScript still works.