Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: CDE

From: dittrich () CAC WASHINGTON EDU (Dave Dittrich)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:25:12 -0700

I just got a letter from RedHat asking me to return my CDE software and
uninstall it. Apperantly there are some major security holes which enable
a user to get root access and  "Several exploits have been found that
allow any user on your network to gain full access to your CDE session."
I've searched the web for any info on this and found nothing, sorry if
this is not new news - I just got the letter today.

Its probably the ToolTalk bug:

        http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/bulletins/i-091.shtml

--
Dave Dittrich                 Client Services
dittrich () cac washington edu   Computing & Communications

Dave Dittrich / dittrich () cac washington edu [PGP Key]</a>