Bugtraq mailing list archives

Gandalf xpresstack bug

From: steve () EI ORG (Steve Kosciolek)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 12:25:52 -0500

I just came upon a major bug in the gandalf xpresstack BRI.  Unfornately,
I can't delve any more deeply into it, since anytime I do, I crash it, and
its our only one.

The xpresstack has been running firmware version 3.0.3 just fine, and
being connected to by Gandalf lanline 5242i edge routers running either
version 2.2.2 or version 2.3.0 code.  Those code versions are still very
stable.

I just upgraded one of the routers to version 2.5.4, and whenever I
connect to the xpresstack, it crashes with a hardware failure.  Once I
reboot it, i can connect with the older firmware fine, but the whenever
the newer firmware tries to connect, the concentrator goes down.

I've contacted gandalf about this, and i'll forward any solutions they
come up with.

   Steve Kosciolek

Steve Kosciolek         | Director of Computer Systems Administration
steve () ei org            |    Elsevier Engineering Information Inc.
1-800-221-1044 x657     |

Going to church does not make a person religious, nor does going to school
make a person educated, any more than going to a garage makes a person a car.