Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: nestea2 and HP Jet Direct cards.

From: matt () SARATOGA ITS BOND EDU AU (Matt Carter)
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 08:32:01 +1000

This is similar for the Bay networks/Xylogics Micro Annex ELS, Annex 2000,
and 4000 series and probably a lot more.

Running proff's 'strobe' on a bay/xylogics annex will result in instant
hanging of the annex, leave it go for 30 seconds, then come back to the
annex and you'll see load averages near the 100% mark.

For the duration of the strobe the device is rendered unusable.