Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Netmanage Holes -- addendum

From: tom () ATHMS SAN-JOSE CA US (Tom Czarnik)
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 17:07:04 -0700

    2. - Netmanage support indicated that the Personal Web Server [httpd]
    and the Finger client are no longer supported software.  I included
    them as an FYI, and to show that lots of their proggies have validity
    check problems.

These problems date back to 1994, when I was a test engineer for NM.
Unfortunately, their QA group was and is not very well staffed with
knowledgeable people. They have never done adequate testing (especially
for validity problems), tending to let things go out the door as long
as it doesn't break by doing "normal" things.

Of course, the CEO stating that having GPFs is good because it forces
people to call support and talk about the product, is not a good thing
either. No, I am not kidding.

--
                   \\\___///