Bugtraq mailing list archives

NFS shell

From: leendert () CS VU NL (Leendert van Doorn)
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 19:43:50 +0200

I recently got a request for an nfs shell binary for AIX from one of
our security consultants. Since I just moved to IBM Watson's GSAL group
whose job it is to work on security I decided to look at the program
again. I cleaned it up and since there are already so many old escaped
versions of the program floating around I decided to put up my version.

Nfs shell provides user level access to an NFS server, over UDP or TCP,
supports source routing and "secure" (privileged port) mounts. Its a
useful tool to manually check (or show) security problems after a security
scanner has detected them.

The sources are in:

        ftp://ftp.cs.vu.nl/pub/leendert/nfsshell.tar.gz

Suggestions for improvements are welcome.

Just be responsible,

        Leendert

--
Leendert van Doorn                                    <leendert () watson ibm com>
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center                       (914) 784-7831