Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: small bug in 5/98 distribution Sun 4070627

From: eugene.bradley () erols com (Eugene Bradley)
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 20:57:48 -0400

On 24 Jul 98, @ 8:17, Lloyd Vancil <lev () APPLE COM> wrote:

Sun Bug # 4070627
The Solaris 2.6 5/98 distribution did not include
/usr/openwin/bin/Xaserver but the inetd.conf  still refers to it.
remarking out or removing the line in inetd.conf fixes the problem.

Having the system busy looking for Xaserver will cause new sessions to
fail as memory is consumed.

L.

I can confirm that the Solaris 2.6 HW 3/98 distribution also
"includes" the nonexistent /usr/openwin/bin/Xaserver (X audio
server) in /etc/inet/inetd.conf , and that commenting out the
unnecessary service in /etc/inet/inetd.conf and restarting inetd
with a HUP signal rectifies the problem.

This weekend I will see if the original Solaris 2.6 distribution
(August 1997) as well as Solaris 2.5.1 "include" Xaserver in
/etc/inet/inetd.conf.
signal
--
Eugene Bradley -- Just Another Random Solaris administrator
eugene.bradley () erols com | I don't work for Erol's -- they're just my ISP