Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: HP Laserjet 4M Plus DirectJet Problem

From: dleblanc () MINDSPRING COM (David LeBlanc)
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 19:22:29 -0400

At 06:02 PM 10/4/97 -0300, Klaus Steding-Jessen wrote:

       Find this kind of printer  on a network is  quite easy with  a
good port scanner.  It  responds to ping and listens  on tcp ports 23,
515, 9099 and 9100.

That's interesting.  We've also determined that the ISS Scanner will take
down these printers, but unfortunately we haven't determined exactly why.
Just a port scan won't do it, but a full-bore scan will.  If anyone has any
theories on just why these things go toes up, I'd be interested -
conversely, if we do manage to figure this one out, I'll be glad to post it.

David LeBlanc           |Why would you want to have your desktop user,
dleblanc () mindspring com |your mere mortals, messing around with a 32-bit