Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: FW: Apache Fix

From: marxmarv () ANTIGATES COM (Jonathan H. Pickard)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 23:08:13 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From:  FrontPage Web Presence Provider Mktg Iss [SMTP:fpmark () microsoft com]
Sent:  Thursday, October 30, 1997 10:38 AM
Subject:       Apache Fix

As you know, customer safety is an important concern for us both at
Microsoft and on the FrontPage team and we take all reports of security
issues seriously. You might recall from our message to you last week that
we were made aware of a bug in the Apache Server Extensions for FrontPage
98. The cause has been determined, a fix made and tested, and we have
posted this to the Microsoft web site at
http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage/wpp/serk. Please refer to this web site
for additional information concerning this issue and its resolution.

In addition to making the fix available on the web site, we will also send
you a CD-ROM with the update as well. If you are NOT running the Apache web
server you can ignore the CD-ROM and do not have to upgrade. We will send
it to all our WPP's, though, just to ensure that those who are affected by
this will receive the CD-ROM.

You should receive the CD by the end of this week, October 31st, 1997

We thank you for your patience during this last week and hope this hasn't
been a great inconvenience for you.

Thanks!

M i c r o s o f t   F r o n t P a g e
Web Presence Provider Program Team
http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage/wpp.htm

--
A 32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on top of an
8-bit operating system written for a 4-bit processor by a