Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Solaris2 libc/getopt bug

From: Doug.Hughes () ENG AUBURN EDU (Doug Hughes)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 16:39:23 -0600

Does anybody have source for a suitable replacement getopt.c?
The Solaris2.5.1 version (at least) has a symbol _sp which seems
to be needed by several other system installed binaries. So far,
I've been unable to determine what this symbol is used for. If
somebody already has a suitable C source, I'm sure there are several
that would benefit if it were posted here.  I'm not expecting
Sun to release a patch for a couple of weeks.

 Doug Hughes                            Engineering Network Services
 doug () eng auburn edu                    Auburn University