Bugtraq mailing list archives

/usr/bin/solstice under solaris 5.5

From: sod () command com inter net (Scriptors of DOOM)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 17:57:57 -0700

Well, Friday's here again, and so are we.  I bet you're just thrilled by
that.

... and since we've had a few questions about RemoteWatch come up, we're
going to continue that saga this week with a hole in one if it's
components called showdisk.  This bug appeared thanks to the security
patch distributed at support.mayfield.hp.com, at least for the 9.X/700
version.  The 800 series patch hasn't been tested, so ymmv on that one.
Feel free to test it out -- your admin will appreciate it.

So come on over and help make the world a better place by hacking root
and having fun with a little help from your friends at the HP Bug of
the Week, http://command.com.inter.net/~sod/, where one bug a week is
the promise we keep, lest our souls crumble and burn in hell.

G'day.

SPECIAL NOTE TO OUR FRIENDS AT HP:

Enjoying your martini?  Confident in your stock prices?  Nothing can
touch those precious government contracts, can they?  Hell, you don't
have to tell me, I'm a contractor myself, just another freelance agent
looking for a place to spend my time and earn some decent money -- and
while we're on the subject of earning money, I know where you can hire a
real good group of computer insecurity insiders at very reasonable,
affordable rates.  Grab that mousie over there and pop up a browser to
http://command.com.inter.net/~sod/ and see what we've got there.  I can
personally recommend these folks with my highest regards, and they don't
call me Honest John for nothing. You really would be much better off
having these folks as your friends, don't you agree?