Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Someone reminded me of something today ;)

From: carson () lehman com (carson () lehman com)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 14:58:50 -0500

"Alan" == Alan Cox <coxa () eris private cableol net> writes:

Alan> Now that various people have put bits of info in the public domain[1]
Alan> so nobody at 3com can claim I'm breaking confidences, I'd like to
Alan> invite the entire world to try sending IP data with 0 length options
Alan> (IP or TCP) to the management port of all their 3com routers and kit,
Alan> especially the little routers, bridges and managed hubs.

Old Ciscos (8.x I think) had the same bug. It's been fixed for a while, but
I know lots of folks still running 8.x ...

--
Carson Gaspar -- carson () cs columbia edu carson () lehman com
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~carson/home.html