Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Vulnrability in all known Linux distributions

From: sopwith () redhat com (Elliot Lee)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 11:36:30 -0400

On Tue, 13 Aug 1996, Alan Brown wrote:

On Tue, 13 Aug 1996, Steve Czetty wrote:

The problem in this case happens to be in the libc implementation of
realpath(), so I plan to post a patch against libc 5.3.12 shortly as well, and

The current libc is 5.3.18, a patch against this would be better. :)

I think you are confusing 5.2.18 and 5.3.12. Here's the rundown:
        - 5.2.18 is an older, but still widely used, libc.
        - 5.3.12 is the latest release (i.e. "stable") libc.
        - 5.4.4 is the latest beta/development libc.

Any solutions to the libc problem would definitely be appreciated :-)

Hope this helps,

 --==== Elliot Lee = <sopwith () redhat com> == Red Hat Software ====--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea; massive,
 mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it."

[Note to Mod:
We will be releasing a security fix for the mount problem as soon as
possible; I can announce it on here as well as on the
redhat-announce-list, if that would be appropriate...?]