Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: denial of service attack possible

From: jns () cisco com (John Stewart)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 13:42:47 -0800

-> The internet draft draft-heavens-problems-rsts-00.txt describes the
-> problem in detail.  In short, TCP doesn't handle RSTs correctly during
-> the open and close negotiations of a connection.

Out of curiousity, and while I still have Sun Micro's attn, if you are
a Web site admin that is running on a SunOS machine and are being
bitten by the SOMAXCONN problem at any time, drop me a line?

I'm currently working with Sun on obtaining a patch, and I'm reeeeally
curious to know who all is affected besides us. Might prove valuable.

--john