Bugtraq mailing list archives

Sendmail-8+IDA (was: Re: ARG!)

From: bgg () connect com au (Ben Golding)
Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 18:37:33 +1000

                                                 If not, does anyone
know where I might find scripts to convert IDA databases into a format
compatable with V8?  That's the really major stumbling block keeping me
from going straight to V8 right now.

I have ported the IDA sendmail stuff to sendmail-8 and we've been
running it here at connect.com.au in production for a while.  I still
consider it to be beta code but it's been working well and very
reliably.

You can pick a copy up from:

        ftp.connect.com.au:pub/mail/sendmail.8.6.11.ida.tar.Z

There is a patch for the source that's necessary included in there.  It
should apply without problems to 8.6.12 but I haven't had time to test
that yet.

It uses the same databases as the other IDA versions but requires a
different dbm utility compiled with the Berkeley db library.  The
sendmail.cf files also need to be regenerated but the source should not
need changes (unless you want to use some of the new features).
Upgrading has been quite straightforward.

        Ben.