Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Satan_doc on Solaris 2.3 (fwd)

From: spp () vx com (Stephen Potter)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 1995 10:01:09 -0500

On Mar 23, 11:20am, Jeremy Foot wrote:
Subject: Re: Satan_doc on Solaris 2.3 (fwd)
----- End Included Message -----

Yep, I had this problem. Eventually I gave up on socket.h. Wrote my own
header based on some site specific stuff. Basically SOCK_STREAM = 1 for
Sunos4 and 2 for Sunos5. Whichever genius decided to change this wants
binding to a very lonely address. SOCK_STREAM and other such constants
;-0 are hard coded into lots of things like chat2.pl anf ftp.pl.

If you correctly run h2ph on your include files, under perl 5, you should
be able to:

use Socket;
&SOCK_STREAM

to get the correct values.  In those cases (carryovers from perl4) where
the SOCK_STREAM and other constants are hard-coded, change them.  If you
find in the standard perl5 distribution any hard-coded values like these,
please let us know at perl5-porters () nicoh com, or post to comp.lang.perl.

-- End of excerpt from Jeremy Foot

Steve

--
Stephen P Potter                spp () vx com           Varimetrix Corporation
2350 Commerce Park Drive, Suite 4                           Palm Bay, FL 32905