Bugtraq mailing list archives

Solaris 2.4 bugs...

From: Philippe.Langlois () world-net sct fr (Philippe Langlois)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 13:00:42 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

        Does anybody have information about the Solaris 2.4 bug
fixed in the patch Patch-ID# 102044-01 :
SunOS 5.4: bug in mouse code makes "break root" attack possible

The files concerned are:
/kernel/strmod/kb
/kernel/strmod/ms

The problem description is: 1174516 bug in mouse code makes "break root"
attack possible

I have made some investigations and i _think_ the bug has something to do
with ioctl() to the mouse driver...

Any docs will be welcome!

PS: if anyone has a dissassemmbler for Solaris, it would be cool to send it.

I found "dis" but it doesn't work when the symbol table is missing.
(program stripped)

(i include dis)
8<----8<--Snip---8=---Snip---8<-----Snip----8=-----Snip-----8<------Snip-----8<

#!/bin/sh
#disassembles programs using adb

if [ $# -gt 3 ]
then
        echo Usage: dis [file [ symbol [length]]]
        exit
fi

if [ $# -ne 0 ]
then
        if [ $1 = "-h" ] || [ $1 = "-help" ]
        then
                echo "dis               Disassembles file a.out from\
 _main onwards"
                echo "dis f             Disassembles file f from _main\
 onwards"
                echo "dis f s           Disassembles at symbol s onwards\
 from file f"
                echo "dis f s l Disassembles l instructions at symbol s\
 from file f"
                exit
        fi
fi

echo ${2-_main},${3--1}?ai | adb ${1-a.out}

Phil.
--
Philippe Langlois -- Net & Unix Admin @ World Net, Paris, France.  <
Email: phil () worldnet sct fr          "after all, we're all alike!" <