Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Kerberos availability (Re: NIS)

From: roger () next com au (Roger Bolton)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 10:18:45 -0500

On Apr 19, 11:49pm, Daniel Azuelos wrote:
Subject: Re: Kerberos availability (Re: NIS)
Dan Riley wrote:

| der Mouse <mouse () Collatz McRCIM McGill EDU> writes:
| > The kerberos implementation is not exportable

It may not be exportable but it's definately been exported, I've seen a fully
working version of Kerberos running here in Australia and once it's out
of the US its perfectly legal to use it.

As well as the full version being exported illegally, people have built
the bones kerberos back to a working version by combining it
with other implementations of DES outside the US.  Just go look at some of
those FTP sites in Norway.

--
Roger Bolton,                   Email:  roger () next com au
Network Type Stuff,             PH:     +61 2 310-1433