Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Duplicate List Messages [I guess there's a serious majordomo bug...]

From: strat () ksu ksu edu (Steve Davis)
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 1994 16:30:24 -0500

Graham Toal writes:

Hahaha!  Isn't that just like the thing - the owner of a 'full disclosure'
list resorts to security by obscurity when it's *his* machine that's
vulnerable.

I really don't see your point here.  He said something to the effect of
"I fixed the problem myself and the package's author is putting together
a package with the details."  Apparently an exploitation script has
already been posted.  Security through *obscurity*?  By what definition
of the word?

--
                                             Steve Davis <strat () ksu ksu edu>
                                                     Kansas State University