Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: rpc.cmsd?

From: scott () spy org (Scott D. Yelich)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 94 17:58:57 MDT

"Rafi" == Rafi Sadowsky <rafi () tavor openu ac il> writes:

If you know a hole, the purpose of Bugtraq is to describe it so
that we can all make ourselves safe. If you don't know of one,
please don't make us paranoid unnecessarily. If you know of one and
won't tell us what it is, then you are not helping anyone and you
are not following the charter of this list.

Rafi> [ I apoligise if this is a case of mistaken identity - but I
Rafi> think not ] given that jsz is a ( hopefully :-) reformed
Rafi> ex-cracker ( better known as "yo" ) I'm somewhat suspicious of
Rafi> his motives ...

[DELETED]

Rafi> well Yonatan(you are jsz aren't you ?) - is that enough
Rafi> provocation to get some more details from you ?

Well, supposedly Yonathan has been amassing a huge aresenal of Solamis
holes... I guess by bugging Casper until casper shares.... but
Yonathan has been all mouth for the last 7 months.  He "says" he has a
lot... he will cut and paste old and/or fabricated exerpts... but he's
definitely not sharing.

I may be wrong-- but I wouldn't expect anything to be headed toward
bugtraq anytime soon from Yonathan.  I think his latest excuse is that
he doesn't trust anyone and he doesn't want the POSSE to get his/these
files.

uh huh.  sure.

Scott
ps: This isn't meant as a flame... it's meant only to be a one
time input from my saying that I agree that bugtraq is about
disclosure and not teasing (of which some people are getting better
and better about performing).
pps: Sorry Scott.