Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Virus's

From: rafi () tavor openu ac il (Rafi Sadowsky)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 1994 10:58:57 +0200 (IST)

On Mon, 5 Dec 1994, Bill Broadley wrote:

I've heard there are text files that are emailable then if run on a pc
actually do things.

I.e. a Ascii only file thats legally executable, this is probably a distortion
of a similiar story.

I have studied the x86 op codes to see if you can actually get much done
with an Ascii file.

But of course no email programs I know of have a method to autoexecute
a received email.

--
Bill Broadley         Broadley () math ucdavis edu        UCD Math Sys-Admin
Linux is great.               http://ucdmath.ucdavis.edu/~broadley            PGP-ok

how about MIME & gpostscript attachments executeed with ghostcript
(I'm sure ther are others )

--
Rafi Sadowsky                                   rafi () tavor openu ac il
[postmaster () openu ac il]                        FAX: +972-3-6460483