Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: this is interesting...

From: long-morrow () CS Yale EDU (H Morrow Long)
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 1994 13:27:42 -0500

shipley () merde dis org (Pete Shipley) wrote:
Gee, last time I reported cracking activity to netcom they emailed me
with a note that basicly blew me off saying for me to fix he holes at
my site and they they do not have any security problems.

sameer <sameer () c2 org> wrote:
      Last time I reported activity to netcom they told me that all
their logs were nuked for that week, because of some problem they were
having..

I don't know... I got a nice note back from them in response to a forwarded
copy of a spam to a bunch of mailing lists by a user at their site (the
actuary () ix netcom com "Choice Trading Company, Court Appointed Liquidators"
spam):

|Thank you for your report. This user has been permanently removed
|from the system for abuse of Usenet and mailing lists. We apologize
|for any inconvenience that was caused.
|
|Margaret

H. Morrow Long, Mgr of Dev., Yale Univ., Comp Sci Dept, 011 AKW, New Haven, CT
06520-8285,     VOICE:  (203)-432-{1248,1254}           FAX:    (203)-432-0593
INET: Long-Morrow () CS Yale EDU UUCP: yale!Long-Morrow BITNET: Long-Morrow@YaleCS
WWW:    http://www.cs.yale.edu/HTML/YALE/CS/HyPlans/long-morrow.html