Security Basics mailing list archives

Looking for reading material on incident management and response

From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 21:13:50 +0530

Hi all,

I am going to be a part of  the incident management team at my employer's.
The policies and procedures a are already in place. Most of my experience
has been in the attacker side of things. Can anyone suggest a set of books
that I can read to better understand defensive security? See the list below.

1. Computer Security Incident Handling
By Stephen Northcutt
2. Incident Response and Computer Forensics, Third Edition
by Chris Prosise, Kevin Mandia and Matt Pepe (I will get the newer adition
when it is realsed)
3. Inside Network Perimeter Security, 2nd Edition
 By Stephen Northcutt, Lenny Zeltser, Scott Winters, Karen Kent, Ronald W.
Ritchey
 ISBN: 0672327376
 Sams Publishing
 March, 2005
4. Real Digital Forensics: Computer Security and Incident Response - Jones,
Bejtlich, Rose
5. Security Metrics: Replacing Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt - Andrew
Jacquith

The above are all that I could come up with after searching. I have already
bought a book called  counter hack reloaded.

Any more pointers?
Pranav

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1