Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Windows Active Directory Domains

From: Phil Fagan <philfagan () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 20:46:13 -0600

I'll take the pro side for academic reasons....

I can see a benefit for having uniq forests for this function assuming
you also have uniq roles and responsibilities. Generally through
object permissions, network segmentation, and proxy-auth access to
protected resources you can achieve an extra level of security. So if
you have a team maintain the HR firewall, HR AD assets, and HR
services wholly separate from the team that you have maintaining the
remainder of the Enterprise then yes, you improve your security
posture.

If its all the same team maintaining all the gear....its an overly
complex design and provides no true gains.