Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Question: very slow wiresless with ath9k on latest arch linux kernel

From: Luis Lezcano Airaldi <luislezcair () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 17:32:43 -0300

On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 02:01:56PM +0200, err000r wrote:
hey there,

im pretty sure that this issue has been covered once, but nevertheless i
need some help solving this.
the thing is that my arch linux has some wifi problems when connection
to a university wireless network that authenticates using PEAP/mschapv2.

the kernel is a 3.11.2-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Sep 27 08:03:21 CEST
2013 i686 GNU/Linux with ath9k driver module.
my wireless card is a 02:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros
AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01) (yes, only 2,4ghz)

the point why im pretty sure its the driver is that another outofthebox
win7 has absolutely no speed/connectivity problems. really, its just my
linux box that struggles.

ofc i tried common tricks such as loading ath9k module with hwcrypt=1
but nothing helps. there are some tricks on the web, but nothing really
seems to help.

at this time i receive like 45kb/s. win7: around 3mb/s

any suggestions?

thanks

I don't understand how this is a security related question.