Security Basics mailing list archives

Bad Antivirus

From: sec.melis () gmail com
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 15:30:55 +0000

Dear folks,

I have 3 W2K3 servers, each are running same software binary exe files. One month ago, they infected with some rootkits
and viruses which later on I know from antivirus detection this malware called sality, ipz, etc.
After installing a new antivirus and revealed the malware, some of my software seems not running as expected. At the
moment, I suspect that the malware still there because the AV may not capable to clean them all. I tried using 3 or 4
most popular AV, but all were claimed the servers are clean while my software couldn't run smoothly. In fact, some of
exe files has been changed in size while I am not sure whether this changed made by viruses or 'bad' AV I just
installed.
If I try to proof that my exe files has been changed by this 'bad' AV, does anyone know how to proof this things ? By
reversing this exe files, is it possible to get which part of the files has changed ?

Thank's

Ibha ID
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Sinyal Bagus XL, Nyambung Teruuusss...!