Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Linux Web Server Hardening (LAMP + Wiki)

From: Eric Furman <ericfurman () fastmail net>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 21:11:40 -0500

Not OpenBSD

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 02:57 PM, gremlin () gremlin ru wrote:
On 28-Jan-2013 12:09:38 +0000, DragonSlay3r wrote:

 > This Could be off topic, but i just wanna ask.
 > What makes you say BSD is better than linux?

I guess that's the lack of knowledge. *BSD IP stack contains some
not-yet-to-be-published vulnerabilities being used to fight DDoS
attacks (most botnets consist of trojaned PSc running the systems
with *BSD-style IP stack, so they can be dropped to BSoD with just
several packets).

Don't ask me about the details - I'd not tell even if I knew.

--
Alexey V. Vissarionov aka Gremlin from Kremlin <gremlin ПРИ gremlin ТЧК
ru>

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an
SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company
and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out
how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on
your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your
encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1