Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: wVirtual Firewall

From: "Hani Habashy" <hhabashy () laureatemed com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 10:55:32 -0400

Marin,

First I would like to say that I am not Mickysoft :) hater, but I would
never use a window OS as a bastion host.  If budget is an issue, then look
for a Linux distro.  There are a few out there already designed to secure a
network.  Here is a good link to start with:

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/applications/7-of-the-best-linux-f
irewalls-697177

I think that is your first step.  The next step is adding layers of security
and rely solely on a firewall.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Thanks,

Hani Habashy