Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Syn proxy

From: lists () tetranetworx com
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 15:11:04 GMT

As with most public-facing hosts vulnerable to attack, a *NIX box used as a syn proxy is susceptible to resource
exhaustion and will eventually crash or reboot. It is probably easier and more effective to use SYN cookies since the
mechanism is stateless and the risk of exhausting system resources is lower than just using a bastion host to "absorb"
half open SYNs...

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1