Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Seeking NMAP Version Detection dataset

From: Nick Besant <lists () hwf cc>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 10:00:33 +0000

Hi.

A couple of suggestions;

1. Download the source code for nmap and have a browse to see how the
fingerprinting works - [1]
2. Quick search for "nmap fingerprint database" shows up a
BackTrack-specific shell script [2] which includes a reference to
[3]<https://svn.nmap.org/nmap/nmap-os-db>, which is a copy of the
database (part of the source tree from 1 above)

[1] http://nmap.org/download.html
[2] http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28006
[3] https://svn.nmap.org/nmap/nmap-os-db

Regards