Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Recommendation for a comprehensive security audit

From: Dave Kleiman <dave () davekleiman com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 07:21:48 -0500

Andre,

Since you need to qualify for PCI, you might consider speaking with or even using a vendor that is already approved for
PCI audits that you will need to obtain your Report of Compliance.  If they happen to not be qualified for the physical
security aspect of what you require, I am sure they would have an alliance with someone that would .  There are several
categories of vendors:

Qualified Payment Application Security Company (QPASC) or Qualified Data Security Company (QDSC) is a company that has
been vetted by visa and is authorized to review applications for compliance.  Qualified Payment Application Security
Professional (QPASP) the person that actually is qualified to do the review and has to work for a QDSC.

Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) is a company that has been vetted by visa and is approved to execute a quarterly
vulnerability scan.  This may or may not be the same as the QDSC.

Qualified Incident Response Assessors is a company assigned to perform post incident forensic reviews.

You will want to go to the Visa website and go to the CISP tools; from there you can download the current ASV list,
qualified cisp incident response assessors list, and the qualified payment applications security company list.  You may
also want to download the PCI Audit Procedures documentation.

Last I checked Mandiant  http://www.mandiant.com was an approved vendor, you may want to speak with them.

Respectfully,

Dave Kleiman - http://www.ComputerForensicsLLC.com - http://www.DaveKleiman.com

4371 Northlake Blvd #314