Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Vulnerability Alerting Services

From: "Steven Marco \(Modern Compliance Solutions\)" <smarco () moderncompliancesolutions com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 09:38:22 -0700

Hi,

As part of an overall Security Strategy, I would suggest you should register
with each vendor within scope and if they are credible, will supply you with
such alert in a timely order.

If you had a Compliance Risk Analysis performed, each patch update on your
servers, network devices should be included and alert you if there are any
out-of-date firmwares, Malware definitions, A/V engines and O/S security
patches/updates.

HP, Cisco are two companies that I know provide this information.

Otherwise have not heard of such a service - but is a great business idea.

Best regards,

Steven Marco, CISA, ITIL, HP SA
Modern Compliance Solutions
69 S 1200 E