Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RDP over the internet

From: joseph () itsec-asia com
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 18:46:43 +0000

Hi,

3389 is a RDP, if attacker find open port on 3389 they can guessing is a RDP running on the host (server).

Actually Win Server 2008 (equivalent) has a RDP with good encryption.

But,

This is not enough to securing your RDP Connections. My very best practice are just changing your RDP Port number  ..

##sory for my bad english##

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Sinyal Bagus XL, Nyambung Teruuusss...!