Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: How operative systems use cryptography

From: Clement Dupuis <clement.dupuis () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 08:02:17 -0400

Encryption could be at different layers.

It could be at the application layer where you have a tool with
encryption built in.

It could be file encryption where you could you a tool like PGP or
AXCrypt to encrypt one file at the time.

It could be at the session level where SSL or TLS could be used to
protect the whole session.

It could be at the network layer where IPSEC could be use to encrypt
the traffic.

It could be at the Data Links layer where many of the non IPSEC
tunneling tools would be located.

So to make a long story short:  it can be use in many places

Take care

Clement

Clement Dupuis, CD

Chief Learning Officer (CLO) and Security Evangelist
GCFW, GCIA, Security+ 301, CEH V7, CCSA, CCSE,  + 12 others

SecureNinja
Office : +703 535 8600
Mobile: +1 407 433 6444

Email: clement () secureninja com

Web: www.secureninja.com

Connect with me on LinkedIn | Follow me on Twitter

YoutubeDescription: Like us on FacebookDescription: Fallow us Twitter

901 N. Pitt Street, Suite 105
Alexandria, VA  22314

In Cyberspace:

Clement.Dupuis () Gmail com
Clement Dupuis, CD
President/Founder/Chief Security Evangelist
The CCCure Family of Portals
Maintainer of :

The CCCure Quiz Engine
https://www.freepracticetests.org/quiz/index.php?page=home

The CCCure Family of Portals
http://www.cccure.org

The Professional Security Testers Warehouse
http://www.professionalsecuritytesters.org/

Knowledge sharing and giving back to the community

 Call me to get the best CISSP, Security+, or other Security related
training  <<