Security Basics mailing list archives

Home proxy to webserver

From: Miguel Regala <mikfisher64 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 13:48:22 +0100

Hi list,

i'm worried with the amount of people that log in into their accounts
(critical ones, like email, bank account) on public servers and
besides that doing the usual error of not logging out. Most of the
times, the way you know someone visited e.g gmail.com is, well,
accessing gmail.com. What would happen if everyone could connect via a
self-own proxy, via a redirection service?

Well, that's my question. Would that mitigate the common problems?

1) Cookie storage
2) History storage
3) Maintain connection speed, reliability and security

Regards,
Miguel

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1