Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RES: Web site defacing

From: gold flake <ptinstructor () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 13:02:52 +0530

<And what must be the countermeasures regarding these?>

This varies as usually the attacker weighs in the benefits v/s the
effort required.  If your website provides access to sensitive
information (yours or your clients) then the attacker puts in greater
efforts to attack it.  if the purpose is just to deface the contents
and post (usually) abusive messages, then some reasonable amount of
security is sufficient to deter the doorknob-rattler.  And the advise
given above is sufficient to keep you safe, however a regular and
periodic audit is generally advisable to keep abreast of any
vulnerabilities.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1