Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Detect Network Sniffing

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 17:58:20 -0800

  This assumes, of course, that an ISP "looking for torrenting" is
specifically looking for *copyright violations*.  If it is looking for
torrents because of bandwidth abuse, this will stick out like a sore thumb
-- "probably legal" or "not a copyright violation" are more accurate than
"perfectly legit".  Whether they're a policy violation depends on what the
local policy IS.

David Gillett