Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: System Self audit tool

From: Ansgar Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 18:31:42 +0200

On 2011-05-25 vedantamsekhar () gmail com wrote:
I was given a task to search and evaluate a self-audit tool which
allows users to run the tool from a central server. The tool should
verify the users system for missing/old AV dat files, missing patches
and so on..and also it should provide the links appropriate sites for
downloading the updates. Are there any such tools/solutions available
in market?

For Active Directory environments Microsoft's Network Access Protection
can do this.

<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/network/bb545879>

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"All vulnerabilities deserve a public fear period prior to patches
becoming available."

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1