Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: portscanner

From: Nick Besant <lists () hwf cc>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 22:30:29 +0000

On 11/03/2011 14:11, Anand Narine wrote:
does anyone know of a portscanner that can import computer names from
active directory rather than just using a list of ip addresses?

The most effective tool for this is likely to be one that you write - of
course, this depends on what you're trying to achieve; looking for
something you hope (or hope not) to find, enumerating services on hosts
as part of a discovery process etc.

You can write a script to wrap around a port scanner of your choice to
iterate through all computer objects (or all in an OU), outputting
results to a file for evidence or later analysis.  This way you can
customise the port range, scan type, information captured etc. for your
particular needs.

If you provide a little more information about what you're trying to
achieve, then you'll probably get some more detailed answers.

Nick

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1