Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Active Directory Audit

From: "TAS" <p0wnsauc3 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 03:37:17 +0000

Hey Kurt,

Below are some quick things that come to my mind,

1. Auditing User & Groups
2. Auditing the existing policy they have implemented on the domain. The admin can give you the export of the policy.
3. Hardening of the underlying OS. Audit against a vanilla checklist would be good.
4. Change management around the active directory.
5. Members of the Domain Admin Group.
6. Account and Password Policy.
7. Check if any users are granted exceptions on any of the policies defined on the AD. Especially Account and Password
policy.
8. Backups.
9. Security policy of the domain controller(not the domain)
10. Security Patches.

Etc etc...there are some mentioned on the below link as well.

http://www.niiconsulting.com/products/auditpro/reports/apwin.html

HTH
TAS!
Sent from BlackBerry® - Vodafone